Website Plan





Task 7- planning the web pages

Research the templates available on Wix or Wordpress, and choose / adapt one, as appropriate for your magazine. You will be creating two linked pages- a homepage plus one more page.  Create a layout plan of the site.

  • Will be using Wix to create website; Ease of use as well as available templates 
  • Simple minimalist theme to match Magazine's aesthetic 
  • Two working pages - Homepage and Shoots will be the focus 
The website will have a very streamline and very minimalist design, the colours mainly being white and black, that will be similar to the aesthetic found on the magazine. The websites background will be mostly empty, most likely white or black, to put an emphasis on the content displayed. Furthermore the website will not feature mainly diving borders to separate content, instead there will be text to indicate when a new piece of content is being displayed; This utilitarian design will enhance the minimalist design that is already present.


Wix gives you selection of websites to choose from.



I selected photography as it seemed to have the best suited selection for my purpose.
This is the preset I have selected.



I selected this preset due to the size of the borders, being much smaller than most websites, as it seemed to add to my theme. I also feel that the small amount of screen space will allow me to guide the reader, as if they were reading an article, down the page by showing them the things I want them to see first. 





Comments